Monday, July 21, 2014

Book Review - A Discovery of Witches by Deborah Harkness

A Discovery of WitchesA Discovery of Witches by Deborah Harkness
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

Finally finished!  I liked the first couple chapters and the last few chapters.  Everything else in between was just filler.  It would be a great book if you have absolutely no imagination at all because every detail is described ad nauseum!  I have enjoyed tomes in the past and with them, was surprised to find myself at the end of 500+ pages, as quickly as they moved along.  Not so with this one.  I found myself skipping entire pages that were irrelevant just to struggle to the end.  While I think I liked the story itself there was no reason for it to be so long.  Then to just stop it to be forced to read another tome of 584 pages made me want to scream!  Sorry Deborah, I'll just have to live with never knowing what happened to your colorful characters.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment