Friday, September 17, 2010

My Beautiful, Sweet, Wonderful Little Devil!

I'm just going to start this off with a picture...
I'm sure you recognize that as a mess of yarn attached to a work in progress, A Simple Baby Hat by Alison Williams.  In fact, I have to change that into this by next week when my friend is having her twin baby boys.
Luckily, I managed to finish one, but I believe it will take me longer to unravel this mess than it would to knit these boys and entire layette.  The point of this whole post is that I just can't understand why my 3 1/2 year old, who has been exposed to my knitting since before she was born and has always handled my yarn and projects with care (if she needed to move something), suddenly decides she wants to play kitty kitty with my WIP!

Oh, and she knew what she was doing.  She came in saying "Mommy, don't be mad at me".  She led me into the living room and it was strung out all over the place.  Actually, I almost laughed out loud, after all it is just a baby hat that I can redo in an afternoon, but I wanted to have the right balance of disappointment and despair in my eyes so she'd understand never to do that again.  I think it worked.  I went back in the kitchen to try to fix it and a few minutes later when she came in to ask for something, I looked up from the fuzzy, slippery pile of yarn and said I was just a little too busy to play Candyland at the moment.  She thought about it and said "Will Daddy be home soon?".

No comments:

Post a Comment