Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Ha-Lo Kitty

I love Hello Kitty.  Not in a creepy, you-are-over-40-and-shouldn't-be-wearing-a-Hello-Kitty-headband kind of way but more that I'm glad I have a little girl so I can indulge in one of my favorite nostalgic icons from my youth kind of way.  When Bit was small(er) she used pronounce it Ha (with a slight pause) Lo Kitty (slight emphasis on Lo).  




I started this hat about a year ago and it's just as well I didn't add the face until this winter because it was too big for her 12 months ago.  I finally got over my fear of embroidery over the holidays and added the eyes, mouth and whiskers.  What a fun little project and she actually wears something I knitted for her.  For added flair, I whipped up a bright yellow scarf to match the nose.
I got the pattern from Ravelry, here, but the original was posted on a blog back in 2007 here.



6 comments:

  1. This is so cute... Will you share the pattern?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Linda! I got it off of Ravelry but it was originally published here: http://beadwhore.blogspot.com/2007/10/hello-kitty-hat.html back in 2007. The Ravelry link is here:http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/hello-kitty-hat. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know several little girls who would absolutely love this hat! I'm a new follower...came by from Made in a Day's hop. You can find me at http://ponderedprimedperfected.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stopping by from Blog Hop.
    That is the cutest Hello Kitty hat I've ever seen.
    I love it.

    Btw, I am doing a little v-day giveaway on the blog. So please stop by.
    www.kgstyleblogs.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the kind words, everyone! And thanks for checking out my blog. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete