Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Book Review ~ Brightest Kind of Darkness

Brightest Kind of Darkness (Brightest Kind of Darkness, #1)Brightest Kind of Darkness by P.T. Michelle

My rating: 3 of 5 stars


For a YA book, it was ok. But doesn't anyone just write one story anymore? Does everything have to be part of series? Even that's not so bad if the current storyline is finished up and a new issue with the same characters is created in the next book. Not with this. I noticed I was only ten or so pages from the end and I knew there was no way even one of the ends was going to be tied up before I finished.

To the writers that do this (A Discovery of Witches) comes immediately to mind, I will buy your next book if the first one is good enough. I won't buy it if you just stop writing so the reader has to buy the next one to see how the first ends. In most cases, I'm not that interested and there are plenty of other writers out there that know how to keep good characters and stories alive over a series.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment