Thursday, March 20, 2014

Book Review: The Kitchen House by Kathleen Grissom

The Kitchen HouseThe Kitchen House by Kathleen Grissom

My rating: 4 of 5 stars

As a big fan of historical fiction, especially the Antebellum era, there were times when I felt this might not have reached it's potential of genuine sentiment. However, over the course of the book, and certainly by the end, I came to better understand the characters and their place in the story. There were a lot of opportunities for the characters to grow even more,
but it covered so much as a whole that overall, they weren't lost. I very much enjoyed reading it and it was one of those books that you wonder what you can read next that will elicit such emotion.
~~~~~~~
While listening to this audiobook, I continued working on my Just Beachy Sweater.  I didn't get a lot done during the book, because it's on CD (as opposed to on my iPhone) and I usually listen to CD's in my car during my commute.  However, I've made progress!  Finally connected in the round and am now knitting endlessly on the body.  At least there's no more purling!






View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment